Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Two Dig Friends

I have made a lot of good friend over the years by being part of Archaeological Excavations.
Lin Hammond and Eudora Struble 

Pictured here are two wonderful friends that I still keep up with. They are sitting on the front steps of the Edom hotel that served as our dig house. It is six AM and we are waiting for the truck to take us to the dig site.

Lin was the wife of Phillip Hammond the Dig Director and she served as the Administrator. I have never met anyone who can bargain as well as she can. She taught me a lot about getting a good price.

Eudora was the Field Supervisor who oversaw the work on the dig site. At the time I took this picture she was eating cherries. What a talent she has with cherry stems. She ties them in a knot while eating the cherry they are attached to. Amazing talent. Eudora is currently working on a PhD at the University of Chicago and is ABD. I am looking forward to working with her again when she is the Dig Director.

No comments:

Post a Comment